29mm S.M.A.R.T. (Super Modular Avionics Recovery Technology) Sled System for the RRC3 Altimeter. This Pre-Engineered, 3D printed Avionics Bay Sled System comes ready for quick assembly and integration into your rocket project.
The S.M.A.R.T. Sled integrates directly into any nominal 29mm coupler tube. It uses our brand new "Screw Switch" for easy and reliable On/Off arming on the pad. The design also leverages the popular Sparkfun 400maH Li-Ion Battery for a small, lightweight and compact avionics sled.
Each Bulkhead end of the S.M.A.R.T Sled has a pre-machined slot for a standard 5mm 2-point terminal strip. Wire up your terminals and glue directly onto each bulkhead. The aft bulkhead snaps into place underneath a threaded retaining ring which keeps the entire assembly captive.
The S.M.A.R.T. Sled provides 1/8" Kevlar harness anchoring by virtue of (2) integrated "nut wells". Tie your 1/8" Kevlar thru a #8 hex machine nut for quick and easy anchor points.
· Integrated Li-Ion battery slot.
· Easy battery removal/recharge.
· Integrated 6-32 Screw Switch mount.
· Modular design allows sled to be moved from rocket to rocket easily.
· Precision printed from durable and environmentally friendly PLA plastic.
- Weight: ~17 grams.
- Sled Dimensions: 6.75" long x 0.9375" diameter.
- Mounting: 29mm nominal coupler or 38mm "Alti-Cone".
- Includes (5) #4 x 1/8" trilobular screws (RRC3 and Switch).
- Includes JST PH series mating connector for battery.